Saturday, October 15, 2016

October challenges - Kraft plus, Scrapafrica, and More than Words


This post will be a little long as I am trying to catch up with posting the October challenges that I have been creating. We were very fortunate not to have any damage to our home from Hurricane Matthew but our power and internet were down for a few days. 
I used some very old paper, some ribbon, some buttons, and a little dymo tape. I threw some Finnabair rust pastes at the kraft paper and also used my coffee cup dipped in coffee
 This next challenge is for http://scrapafrica.blogspot.com/2016/10/scrap-africa-mood-board-no79.html   I prepared the heavy watercolor paper with gesso and layered pieces of an old handkerchief and laces. I painted the cat using a very limited palette of watercolor paints and I created the button and shell covered hearts by going through my button box and collection of shells.



 This final layout is for http://morethanwordschallenge.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/october-2016-main-challenge-change-ombre.html  I thought this photo of Prague that my son took was so beautiful and was so perfect for both the ombre and the change parts of this challenge. I painted the vase shape with watercolors and added the laces and flowers (one is made for some sewn ribbon). I then found this wonderful quotation about twilight - just perfect!
I have been painting and scrapping quite a bit this past month, and having so much fun combining the two. Hope you like them and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Di Garling said...

Amazing ombré effects on your layout, a really fabulous effort. So lovely to have you play along with us at More Than Words Challenge.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am so happy to hear that you didn't have damage! I loveeeeeeeee all your pages! Just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caroline Elliam said...

Love love your ombre sky and you did a wonderful effect on your layout too! Thanks for joining at More than words!

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

I am so in love with your handwritten sentiment Chris. Your cat drawing and painting are so beautiful. Glad to see you again at Scrap Africa October challenge. I hope to see you again next month! Have a happy great scrappy crafty moments always!
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
Scrap Africa Design Team
Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}

Heather McMahon said...

Oh wow - your MTW entry is amazing! You sure nailed the challenge. Love all your scrappy/arty combos. So glad you could join us at More Than Words this month.

C.Lam. said...

I love your cat !!!! Your drawing is really beautiful! And your handwriting too! So glad you have played with us at Scrap Africa!

C.Lam. said...

I love your cat !!!! Your drawing is really beautiful! And your handwriting too! So glad you have played with us at Scrap Africa!

Nicole Doiron said...

Very pretty work! Love the colours you chose for your last layout! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words! Remember that to be eligible for a prize, you have to include the board image and a link to our blog in your post. :)

Arantzazu said...

fantastic take on!!!
thanks for playing with us at More Than WOrds!

Lizzy Hill said...

Fabulous take on our K+ challenge.....adore your idea of adding the coffee into the mix! And those buttons look perfect for our Old Stuff challenge...thanks so much for sharing....& so happy you weren't badly effected by the cyclone:):)

Tsaima Eirini said...

Love the Pumpin theme you have choosen to use!!The result is so beautiful!!Thank you for sharing with us at Scrap Africa!