Thursday, July 21, 2016

Hope -the thing with feathers








One of my favorite poems is Emily Dickinson's 
"hope - the thing with feathers"
and when I saw the Relics & Artifacts All Things Wings challenge
I knew that I wanted to build on that idea
I had found a little doll at a thrift store and
taken her apart
I made a paper mache heart for her body and added the Relics
&Artifacts heart
I added the head and appendages
but she was so heavy I was forced to adhere her to a canvas
lots of gesso - both white and gold
some acrylic paints
and other stuff for texture
I hot glued the words to wire from her hands
as I wanted them to float like feathers
What a joy this was
Hope you like it
ttfn

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwww! This is amazing! I AM IN LOVE with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!