Friday, June 17, 2016

The Memory Nest Make It Mondays 61 and 62

 Memory Nest 61 
I'm not big on large titles so this one is a bit different for me
I forced myself to use paper with an edge (again not my favorite)
and fussy cut the flower to insert my photo
Then I messed up doing the title with rub-ons and had to 
figure out how to fix it - actually I think it looks pretty cool
so I guess you'd say it was a happy accident!
Number 62
this one I created the background with glimmer mists
using a cut out butterfly as a mask
I then cut out the butterfly in the upper left corner
this layout was a fun one as I saw this fantastic footstool
in a catalog and loved it
but it is so absolutely totally not my style
my house is done in whites and creams
and I use a few colored accents during the seasons
like now some blue pillows on the couch etc.
It's good to push yourself
so try it sometime
You just never know what can happen!
ttfn

2 comments:

Jane said...

Clever cover up - rub ons are a total nightmare! Love this simple photo, very atmospheric. Thanks for using the sktech from The Memory Nest.

Leslie Germain said...

Well, I love your interpretation of a large title!! Beautiful page! Love the stamped letters and the layering with that fabulous picture!! Thanks for playing along with tMN. Hope you will join us again soon.