Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Right now.........................


 The weather is cooling off a bit, especially at night, and the sky is a distinctly fall shade of brilliant blue. Dan harvested all of our key limes so I am busy making cakes, cookies, curds, and juice to freeze.




A walk around the yard reveals lots of hibiscus, ixora, azaleas (this plant is totally crazy blooming this time of year but it is on the north side of our house and right up next to it so I think it stays fairly damp there and as cool as possible here), and finally shell ginger.
I am playing with some ideas and inspirations that I got at the Florida Watercolor Society convention last week.
I have paintings in exhibits at the Vero Beach Museum of Art and at the Vero Beach library.
I am painting holiday cards - some for me and some to sell on etsy - got any special requests?
I just discovered Cynthia Harrod-Eagles and her Bill Slider mysteries - looks like some great reading for this winter.
I bought tickets for a Chris Botti concert - not until April but I am excited!
I am almost finished with a wall quilt with fabric stones - photo to come.
I am over half way done with my Jane Austen Margaret Dashwood shawl - I know I know - I am a really really slow knitter but I do enjoy it - with football season here, I will knit more while watching the games.
I made a big pot of bean soup on Sunday and we will be having leftovers of it tonight with a baguette from Fresh Market - yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Hope you are having a fun fall - this is truly my favorite time of year!
Chris

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee the photos Chris!!! Still waiting on Fall here!!!