Thursday, May 17, 2012

A thank you to Julie T-W

Some time ago sweet Julie (you know who you are) sent me a special package filled with things that she knows I would love - and of course I did!!!  She sent me some of the coolest papers - textured whites and creams with leaves embedded in them - so beautiful!  I have been playing with the papers for a while now and I painted these flowers onto one of them.  AND then because Julie is one of the most talented scrappers that I know, I created a layout using my painting:



I made the flower by cutting lots of canvas circles, wetting them, and wrinkling them so they dried all crumpled. I then sewed them together in the center and hand painted with watercolor paints so the flower matched the ones on the paper.

Thank you sweet Julie, the Scrap Angel!
Chris

3 comments:

Kim Weissenborn said...

I love your flowers! I also love your blog. Great job!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!! I never would have thought to use the paint on those papers!! WOW WOW WOW!! You are amazing!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee what you did with it!!!! So happy you can use those papers!! YAY!!

~amy~ said...

This is incredibly gorgeous...WOW....the painting...the blooms....the pic!

I'm thrilled that you are enjoying yourself over at Three Cool Chicks!