Sunday, April 22, 2012

And now for something completely different............






An embroidered, appliqued, and beaded felt box (oh yes, made by moi) - a bit of a departure from my watercolors and mixed media works.  I was attempting to create a box that looked like an aquarium and each side and the top reflect different views of the same set of aquarium elements.  This is such a departure from most of my current work but it was great fun, and I am already planning another embroidered box.

AND then, inside the box is a new ruffled scarf that I am knitting - it's about half way done. The yarn is Araucania Itata Solid ( it is hand painted a pale moss green and has hits of pinks and reds through it) and the yarn is 70% wool, 15% silk, and 15% bamboo. It is a fingering weight and I am knitting with US no 2 Bryspun flexible needles (fantastic needles made in New Zealand).  What a joy to knit and to watch the ruffles curl and spin as it grows.

What are you creating today?
Chris

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOwwwwwwwwwww! You are amazing Chris!! I loveeeeeeeeee that box! So many beautiful details!!

Jenneke said...

WOW Chris, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I ADORE it!!

XXXJenneke