Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My chartreuse muse - lots of photos

This little book is what the collage artitst Mary Delany would call "promiscuous assemblage". It started with a challenge to create something using the color chartreuse and then took on a life of its own. I played with words rhyming with chartreuse, beginning with French words and then quickly degenerating into English. I made little rhymes and came up with pages that sort of illustrated the rhymes.
I used ephemera from Gecko Galz and Stampinton Art-to-Borrow. I hand painted the flowers, fabrics, and seam binding. The metal clasp on the cover is from Gecko Galz and the chipboard butterflies are old K&Co. The laces are Prima. I cut the book pages from a faux Victorian photo album (I did a previous Gratitude book from this same album) and sprayed them with lettuce Adirondack color wash.



 Sweet Julie T-W sent me the most wonderful treasure jar of scrapping and gaming toys, and I used some of them here on the back cover. Thank you Julie - I am so happy to have you as a friend and boss!!!!!

Thanks for looking and hope you like my creation. If you have any questions about how I did any of it, please leave a comment and I will respond.

Have a great week!
Chris

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAY! Glad you got to use some of the goodies! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee loveeeeeeeeeeeee loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and all the details... those butterflies on the front are amazing! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

What a great serie of pages Chris! The mermaid-lady and the note about her shoes made me giggle!