Thursday, April 7, 2011

What's your favorite color?

We are doing a special blog hop over at http://whatisyourfavething.blogspot.com/ and our challenge is revisiting an older challenge from when we first started in 2009 - what's your favorite color?  For that older challenge, I did a layout in WHITE but right now I have to admit the GREEN/VERDE is my favorite color = perhaps because it's spring?!
I used a Prima mask and sprayed Lettuce Ranger color wash. The photo is a postcard that I bought when we were in Republica Dominicana about 10 years ago. The flowers and leaves are Prima, and the birds and ferns are K&co Botanical.

The journaling is the first lines of a poem called Romance Sonambulo by Federico Garcia Lorca - I used the original Spanish as I think poems are always better in the language in which they were written but the English translation is, " Green , how I want you green/ Green wind. Green branches."  It's a really wonderful poem - here's a  link to it.

Hope you check out the hop!
Chris

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Chris! I love love love all the green, that bird and the flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hanneke said...

Very Beautiful!!! love the spraymist and the birds!!!

Deana said...

Beautiful page, Chris! Love the masking! :-)

Sandi McLean said...

Lovely Chris! Haven't been out to visit for a bit, so doing some catch up!

EverydayMe said...

such a fabulous page... and those colors... wow... it's just lovely!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle