Sunday, January 23, 2011

Warm and sunny followed by rain and a cold front

The weather here was so beautiful during the week - bright sun and temps up to 80.
I took these photos of one of the azalea bushes in my yard - I even snipped some and brought them inside to brighten my house (this variety blooms very very early - my others won't bloom until Feb or March)
Then on Friday another cold front moved across the state bringing some much-needed rain - even so we are experiencing a terrible drought.
So strange to think that other places are experiencing so much flooding - I have seen the photos of Queensland, Australia on the internet and have prayed for the people who are suffering there.

I was looking through some older layouts for "love" or "Valentine" layouts - here's a golden oldie! I created this for an "Across the Universe" challenge blog
Lots of vintage elements - the photo is of Dan and me when we were in Bermuda. We had rented a motor scooter for the day and were exploring the island.

Have a great day and thanks for reading,
ttfn
Chris

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I'm glad you got some rain! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) I remember that lo... worry memory lane! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

sorry... lol... i meant WOW! Memory LANE! lol! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Adorable page... Love that little dress! :-)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful layout and great picture!! Aaahhh... those years when we were young(er) Treasure the memorie!

Hanneke said...

Great page!!! Good you has some rain,!!!

EverydayMe said...

wonderful photos... and the lo... it's so delightful... love the colors... and the design... it's fab!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle