Saturday, May 15, 2010

What would Jane do - she'd scrap

Lots of challenges this weekend (the ScrapGal crop continues tonight and tomorrow there will be a challenge posted for the May Sampler at scrapbookingsuppliesrus) but today - right now - is the newest challenge at http://whatisyourfavething.blogspot.com/ What is your favorite book? I have quite a few favs based on time of year and what I am into at that time - fav romance, fav fantasy, fav mystery - you know.......but when we went cruising on our sailboat, I only had a small bookshelf by my bed into which I could place the books I wanted with me (we also had a bag for trading libraries along the way - mostly paperbacks) - Anyway one of my favorites that I returned to time and again was this copy of Jane Austen's novels in one volume - my absolute favorite JA book is Persuasion but I also love P&P, S&S, and Emma. Northanger Abbey is good for a laugh but Mansfield Park is my least fav but it does have some great quotes.  I made the flower from a vintage hanky - the paper is "vintage" K&co with Lilybee diecut squares.  We would love to see your favorite read! Be sure to check out the fabulous DT layouts and then show us your stuff!!!!!

And also today is the new challenge for http://candyshoppedesigns.blogspot.com/ Cotton Candy - it is to use the colors pale blue, pink, black, and red - check them out - it's a fun color combo. The photo is of a compass rose that we had on our boat and now is on our front porch. It is weathering to a gorgeous patina and always reminds me of the many changes in latitude that I have experienced in my life. The paper is Stampington, the transparency is Hambly, and the alphas are October Afternoon.  Come on over and see what the DT has created with these colors and then show us what you can do!!!!!
I also have a blog post up at The Sampler for http://www.scrapbookingsuppliesrus.com/ . This layout was made with the May Sampler - check it out - it's full of wonderful products and also check out the new DT which includes Sarah de Guzman, who is a fantastic designer and one of my fellow designers at TAAFOMFT. Congrats to Sarah!!!!!

Thanks for reading and hope you have a wonderful Saturday!
ttfn
Chris

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh these are AMAZING Chris!!! I just KNEW U made that fabric flower!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cassie said...

I love the flower!!!
I love old hankies. They are so delicate and beautiful. I think I will try to make one too.
Your layouts are beautiful, as always. See you tonight!!!
=)

EverydayMe said...

These are wonderful!!! I love those flowers!!! you are amazing!!! And that is one of my all time favorite books ever!!! so happy you scrapped it!!! {[hugs}} Michelle

Jenneke said...

WOW Chris, your layouts are fabulous again!! The flowers is stunning!
My favorite is the yellow one, I just adore the bold colors!!

XXXJenneke

sarah said...

i LOVE jane austen! the best books ever! :)

thanks for always sharing your beautiful work, chris!

hope you have a fab weekend.

hugs,
sarah.

Deana said...

Beautiful LO's, Chris! LOVE what you did with the ribbons, too! All so fun & colorful!

Jane would do the same thing Chris would do for sure... SCRAP! :-)

Amy said...

Your pages are just amazing. I love all your little details. So beautiful. Love the vintage items you used. Hope you have a fabulous weekend. Hugs,Amy

McMGrad89 said...

The Jane Austen layout is wonderful. I love how you used the blue toile and the hanky flower. Just perfect.

Anonymous said...

I Love to read!
Love your layouts Chris...beautiful!loving those flowers and I love all the colors on the Candy Shop one!Always love your vintage goodies!Have a wonderful sunday!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous... I LOVE the fave book-layout and since I'm a big reader the ideas got in my mind right away! Just not sure if I have any time left... (I better not check the challenges then huh...) The "pale one" (with the compas) is awesome and the yellow layout is such a happy one! Have a great weekend Chris!

Anonymous said...

I love these layouts!!! Such beautiful work, and I always love the stuff you make:)
love, Jess

Cynthia said...

So love the lay-outs. I am too a huge fan of Jane!!! my favorite is pride and prejudice. I have nearly wore out my little copy. And looove the BBC movie version too. I am afraid to admit I have not read Persuasion yet. I need to more so now!!!