Tuesday, April 6, 2010

10 things that restore my soul and bring me JOY


On Scrapgal our top 10 for April is things that restore your soul so I did this layout to list mine. I created the background by inking textured Bazzill paper with several colors of distress ink and then softly stamped over and over the same image of some Oriental characters. I heavily distressed the edges. I cut out the picture from a page of Dove of the East patterned paper and added my photos - of the ocean and beach and of Hana, and then Prima flowers and Tim Holtz gears, and my journaling.

Most of my layouts and projects lately have been very product oriented and I have to admit that I haven't been having as much fun creating as I used to so I want to return to that more playful and artsy time. Today after I got off work, I went by BAM and bought the new issues of Somerset Memories and Artful Blogging - such a splurge but so filled with inspirational eye candy. I really needed this stimulation! Fortunately I have been able to purchase some new paints and some other toys like bee's wax (Scrapgal had a super sale) and a melting pot (50% off Michael's coupon) and I plan on playing for a while - who knows what may emerge???????????
I have already finished several projects and layouts for DT assignments so I have most of my deadlines covered so let the playing begin.................
thanks for reading and hope you have a great week!
ttfn
Chris

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh wow wow wow!!!! this is gorgeous chris!!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos, the flowers..and love love love love that textured background!!! U always inspire me! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

sarah said...

you are so inspiring, chris! i wish i knew how to stamp and distress the way you do.

...and i think it's great that you splurged and bought the latest mags for stimulation. live life, girl! :)

hope you have a wonderful day.

hugs,
sarah.

Anonymous said...

Love all the texture and smeared colours on this layout Chris! I hope you find a lot of joy in playing with your new stuff... it's important to just create for yourself sometimes, trying things out and go with the flow... I wish you a lot of fun and mojo and inspiration!

Deana said...

More artsy cool techniques from Chris Aiton! Love this page, Chris... such a great title, too!

Hope to see your new Spring dress you purchased... sounds very PRETTY!

Hugs...

Anonymous said...

Just LOVE your distressing Chris!
What a beautiful background!
Sorry I didn't check in before ;(

Bekka said...

You are amazing. I have no idea how you do this but I would love to have an hour with you so I could learn a small fraction of what you know!