Sunday, November 29, 2009

Deck the halls











Just a few images of my living room decorated for Christmas. My only decorations are inside although I do put a wreath on the front door. I will some more photos around the house as the season progresses.
This coming week I am looking forward to doing the 12 days of Christmas tags with Tim Holtz. I did them last year and they really stimulated my creativity. He comes up with these elaborate holiday tags in which he uses lots of his expensive products. I try to come up with a tag similar in design and color with things I have on hand. Lots of fun and inspiration - plus he has giveaways every day (not that I have won any but I always sign up for anything free).
I will be mailing out most of my Christmas presents this week (hopefully) and then get some cards made. I am a little bit behind but hope to get caught up this week before the parties, etc. kick in the next week of December. I was a bad girl yesterday afternoon after I got home from work - I created a funky paper doll for the Bad Girls Project 52 challenge and a layout that is sort of an answer to a challenge by Martha on SIS and by Angie on the Bad Girls forum - I will post them later this week. I also did an unbelieveably fast layout for a challenge on Scrapgal. I keep thinking that I won't do challenges - and then I do - I have to admit I really do like the "challenge" - keeps me thinking and doing things outside my box. Plus, winning is also a plus!!!!LOL!!!!! And maybe the very best thing is getting to know others (on the web) who also enjoy crafting. I love to read their blogs and get inspired!
It is another beautiful day today (it's warmed up nicely) and I have the sheets out on the clothesline - don't you just love the scent of fresh sun-dried sheets? Ummmmmm
thanks for reading and ttfn




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that tree.... can I come visit at your place? (if only I could LO) I'm curious to see your latest "challenge" layouts... but I won't (WON'T) go to that blogs... I'm too busy and can't handle any challenges on top of that. (I'm glad I managed the taafomft challenge today! That has to be the last one for a while!)

Anonymous said...

Wow...your tree is so gorgeous!!Love your Christmas decorations Chris...I knew I would ;)
I definitely take a look at Tim Holz' 12 days of Christmas always enjoy them too!
And I love challenges also...only time isn't always on my side ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love love love love your decorations!!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Amy said...

Beautiful decorations....Love your big tree. I need to look into the Tim Holtz tags....They are lots of fun. Thanks for the tip. Hugs and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Jenneke said...

WOW, what a wonderful tree!!!!!!!
12 days of Christmas by Tim Holtz??? Oh, I definitely have to take a look there!! Thanks for the tip, Chris!

Wishing you a wonderful week!

XXXJenneke

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS tree, chris! I love all of your reindeers! :) what a collection you have! :) looking at christmas decor makes me super happy!

can't wait to see more pics!

hope you have a wonderful day.

hugs,
sarah.

Deana said...

Your home looks beautiful! We decorated ours over the weekend, too!

Hugs...