Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday art time

Today I did another art journal page. I am so inspired by some of the pages done by my classmates - so beautiful and filled with brilliant colors, tantalizing textures, and deep thoughts. So happy I signed up for this class! This page has 13 layers and was inspired by the piece of the Publix flyer for their Italian foods week (I used the other part of that ad for the scrapbooking layout that I posted yesterday). Then I found the wine tops and added some tickets and ribbons. I listed lots of my favorite Italian dishes and then painted some and finally added the eat pray love letters.( I loved the first section of that book but got bored in the second. The third part was okay. I guess I am one of the few American women who didn't really groove on that book. It continues to retain its popularity at the used book store.)
I started another little felt and button dress yesterday afternoon - pink this time - sort of 60s sheath chic. I have a hot pink Barbie hanger for it - so cool!
I am so grateful that I live in a society and time when I can do frivolous things like art journal pages, and felt and button dresses. I have been truly blessed in my life to have been born in the US into a middle class family, to have found a wonderful and loving husband, and to have such a loving and responsible son. Through this blog I hope that I can share my love of art, fabric, paper, food, books, and life with others. I know that a lot of what I write about is so frivolous compared to what is happening in the world at large and to the economies of many countries but we also need a release from the stress of that reality, and I hope my blog inspires readers as much as it provides a release for me. And now - off the soapbox...
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

I am loving all your layers and colors! The circles within circles are fab and the paint is awesome! Dina's class just gets better and better, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

well you are an inspiration... i love your style of art a lot. I can't wait to see the pink dress... i was making little dresses for awhile. I LOVE this journal page!