Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A pink day!

Guess what? My little cream colored felt and button dress made the Catwalk at SIS! I am thrilled, and as promised, here is the little pink 60s sheath with its own Barbie hanger. These are so fun and easy to make.
This is the newest page in my art journal (for the Art Journal 102 class) and it's all about texture. I gessoed the page and just couldn't wait for the gesso to dry to begin so I stuck the buttons in the gesso, painted the green paint on, stuck the paper pieces on(torn from a watercolor practice page that I did yesterday), and suddently the page became a rose garden so I made roses from paint, tried to stamp on leaves but basically they became embossed, wrote on some journaling about reading Amy Lowell poetry, and used a pencil to draw a stem and leaves in the gesso. What fun! To tell you how obsessed I became with the garden theme, I even sprayed some rose cologne on it. It is amazing how these pages are helping me become less editorial and critical of my work - after all, this is fun and what if it is awful: at least I learned something and it's only paper and paint supplies, and I have a big trash bin in the garage. LOL

6 comments:

Amber Zimmerman said...

Congrats on your dress making the catwalk! It's super cute. =)

Anonymous said...

The little dress is adorable! And the one on SIS was beautiful too! And that art journal page, girl you are so creative!!

Diane said...

no need for a trash can! Your page is just beautiful. I LOVE the colours and the garden theme.

Stacey said...

Hi Chris-Thanks for stopping by- And for making a little post about the give-away you won:) Your words are so encouraging! I'm glad you liked everything... And you're doing a great job with those little dresses- So cute!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Way to go with the dress and btw, i love the name of your blog!

linda loe said...

Oh was it your work wel congrates on the catwalk, and I love your work that you made at Dina`s class.