Thursday, December 18, 2008

Further inspiration from magazine pages




In continuing my discussion from yesterday about getting inspiration from catalogs and ads, I thought I would post a layout I did a while back loosely based on a page from a Martha Stewart Living magazine. I was entranced by the subtle color combination and the graphic nature of the page so I looked for elements (photo, patterned papers, lace, letters) that were similar in color but simplified them for my layout . I drew the branch and made the blossoms from fabric flowers by folding and gluing them so they appeared to be small buds.


Non sequetor(sp?) Today starts the last week of the design your life class and it was fun to look back through the huge notebook of layouts - 3 per week. I will post a few of my favorites later in the week as well as some layouts I did this summer.


Have a great day - Christmas is just a week away and I'm off to the grocery store.

No comments: